Monday, January 18, 2010

Catching Up

My where has the time gone???? Life sure has been crazy this past year. It is now time for the Ft. Worth Stock Show and Rodeo for 2010 and the last post was for the rodeo of 2009! I need to catch up.
I read a friend of mine's blog and felt the need to update this blog for my baby girl. As a mother, I want to create things and write down things to cherish memories and incidents that Brooklyn can know about herself later on down the line that she won't otherwise remember. I built this blog to document Brooklyn and how she was growing for families out of town, out of state and friends to keep up with but after reading a friend's blog, I want to do this for Brooklyn. I want her to be able to pull up this website and look back at how she grew up, what was going on in life, what she looked like, the odd outfits mom would put her in, all the good things in life.

So to Brooklyn, I am catching up...

Brooklyn Nicole Ruff
3 years and 8 months!!!
Brooklyn, you are mommy's heart and soul. You are so precious and one of a kind. Your personality is one that I can not explain. But you bring me such joy, happiness, love, warmth, hope, and a lot of laughter. You have really gotten into danacing and love to shake your booty. There is a saying, "shake what your momma gave you!" Well honey, this isn't the case for you because momma didn't give you your little booty you have, you can thank your daddy for that one. :-) You also love to sing!!! You have the sweetest voice a mother has ever heard. You sing Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star, your ABC's, Jesus Loves Me, Father Abraham, but your favorite songs for 2009 were Big Green Tractor by Jason Aldean and All The Single Ladies by Beyonce. You are into all the girly things! Barbies, baby dolls, all the Disney Princess, My Little Ponies, shoes, dress up clothes, makeup, dresses, coloring, and we can not forget about the stickers.


(You dancing one night to your own song that was in your head and words momma couldn't understand)

Right now, one of your favorite things to do is ask questions. You have come up with some really mind boggling questions. Some of your questions you have recently asked:
*Momma, what does Jesus do?
*What do puppies do?
*What do Momma's do?
*What do babies do?
*Why does God make it rain?
*Why are there people?
*Why do we cry?
*What do flowers do?
*What is love?
When you ask these questions, every answer that comes out of my mouth is followed by a "what else momma?" Two or three answers do not cut it for you and usually lead into more questions. Your mind is a spinning wheel all the time. You take in everything! I remember you coming home one day and saying, OMG mom! I have a 3 year old that says OMG!!! What has this world come to when we talk in text lingo?!?!?!




Right now, A&M isn't doing so good in football but it is still very much a family tradition. I am sorry honey, your pedigree is A&M!!! Your great grandfather, Grandpa; Bapu and Gdad, your daddy, momma lived there (didn't get the chance to go to school there but it is still a dream of mine), and Aunt Katie went to school down there. We are crossing our fingers for Aunt Molly. You are very proud of this jersey because your Gdad gave it to you and you wear it with pride. Of course, we aren't saying you have to go there but it sure would be fun!!! :-)

Brooklyn, mommy is going to end for today. I will post pictures of Christmas and some more that I might have lingering on my camera at a later day. But before I go, Mommy wants to tell you that you are my first baby. You won't understand this till you have a child of your own (Bapu used to tell me this all the time but I understand now) but you will always be special to me. You held a lot of first in mommy's life and those first can never be replaced. I will always look at you like my baby and will always want to rock you and hold you and make the hurt go away. You have filled my life with so much joy! Your smile alone makes my heart swell. Mommy will love you your entire life, unconditionally. You are one of a kind and you are my Brooklyn Nicole! I will protect you with everything that I am. I love you baby, for ever and ever!
Momma

No comments: